Thursday, June 19, 2008

Linktastic Thursday!




Michael Miller Word Search Cream


Jane sent this fabric, which is on sale at Hancock's of Paducah ... she also sent earlier some even better alphabet fabric from Fashion Fabrics Club ... which is now unavailable. (I'll take my own pic and post it when mine arrives.) She also sent this text-based fabric, if you just can't get enough typographical goodness.

Kathy found this pattern at a yard sale for 33 1/3 cents (she got three for a dollar).
Simplicity 3233
Needless to say, I love the pockets.

Speaking of pockets, Kim sends this brilliant Sesame Street video about their social importance. (Watch for the über-Seventies carpenter pants pockets.)



Nancy found near-perfect ginkgo fabric from Marimekko. I can see I'll have to start a special savings fund for this one. (Warning: site loaded badly in Firefox 3.)

Cookie found the fauxlero to end all fauxleros, at the Antique Dollhouse of Patterns:


Butterick 9262


I think that pattern is also a dirigible hostess dress, for sure, from the late, waning, Pan-American days of the industry.

Heather sent this wonderful ruffly number.

Melissa sent this comma necklace. Want.

Kate in Texas sent this really cute bee fabric from Hart's Fabrics -- which doesn't let you link directly to items, frustrating! So search on "bee" if you want to find it.
bee fabric
I would make a very serious tailored dress out of this ... it's $8.99/yard and only 45" wide though, so maybe not this week.

Another "not this week" fabric (I missed the auction!) is this:
swiss dot fabric
I have not a single, solitary idea what I could have made out of it, though, even if I had gotten to the auction in time, since it was only 4 yards of 36" wide ... from seller emt-mom-70.

Marilyn wants to know if there are charities that would take her cedar chest full of wool fabric ... and I'd like to know if there are charities that would like a lot of cotton scraps, since mine are getting outrageous, and -- let's be honest -- the chances of me making that charm quilt I keep muttering about? Are infinitesimal.

I haven't seen the Sex and the City movie yet (I know!) but HotPatterns (spoiler alert) has a related pattern ... now I think I really should go see it.

But not today. Today I have 500 emails to answer. Wish me luck!

No comments: