Friday, May 30, 2008

D'Lovely



I try to look at every bag not as just something I would carry (if I did, then chances are this would be hobos and totes every day) but something I can appreciate, or might notice if I saw someone else carrying it. And once in a while, I come across a bag that I'd love to carry, even though it is so very not my style.

The D'Bour flap bag is one of the loveliest bags I've seen of late. In lipstick red leather which has a croco print (not embossed, it is a raised print) body, and a wrinkled leather overlay, it is a fabulous study in tone on tone. The textures make you want to just reach out and touch. There is minimal hardware, which avoids what could have been a busy look.
The bag is a square shape, which feels very fresh to me, on a handle that is stiff enough to hold it's shape, but long enough to be used as a satchel or in the crook of your arm (the bag is a bit boxy to rest comfortably on the shoulder, it seems).
While I think it would work well with jeans or dressier clothes, the one caveat is neatness...this is the sort of bag that instantly makes any look more polished. I think it a fantastic option for anyone who loves the look of a structured bag, but wants to stand apart from the big brand designer flock.
The Flap Bag from D'Bour looks as expensive as those big designer bags, but is pretty reasonable at $590. It is also available in cream croco, and 3 unprinted colors from D'BOUR.
Note: the online store is not working currently, e-mail them at sales@dbour.com.

No comments: