Saturday, April 26, 2008

Blog the Blogger: The Fashion Bomb



I (heart) New York City. In fact, I'm going to be there next week for the BlogHer Business Conference, engaging in a conversation on this whole bloggety-blog thing I've become so enamored with over the past few months. Tres exciting! Stay tuned for all things NYC next week. But in the meantime...

Let me present one of my fave Big Apple Gals, The Fashion Bomb. Her unique approach to urban fashion makes her simultaneously accessible (hey, I could wear that!) and fabulous (is she getting her picture taken with yet another celebrity?), which I love. In fact, there she is at right with one of the current darlings of the art and fashion world, whose name currently escapes me (help, dear readers!). Don't they both look smashing?
Forthwith, The Fashion Bomb's answers to the DCGF's soon-to-be Famous Five (plus One) questions...

1. What is the first article of clothing you remember that you loved to wear?
Lee zip up black jeans with zippers at the ankle. LA Gear sneakers with two different sets of shoelaces.

2. Where is your favorite place to shop for a fashion bargain in the DC area? It's me here, the DC Goodwill Fashionista: tragically, The Fashion Bomb informed me that she hasn't really done any shopping in the DC area - quelle horreur! The DCGF officially extends you an invitation to come on down here and get to shoppin'! Fin.

3. Where is your favorite place to shop for a fashion bargain outside of DC? Can't go wrong with Century 21 in NYC! You're always bound to find something exquisite; it just takes a lot of time (and a bit of humility in the dressing rooms!). I'm also a fan of Loehmann's.

4. Who is your current favorite designer? It may sound trite, but I loved what Marc Jacobs sent down the runway for Louis Vuitton's Fall 2008 show. I'm always a fan of Oscar de la Renta's flowery frocks. If I had to choose, I'd go with Diane von Furstenberg. Can't go wrong with her classic silhouettes.

5. If you could own any single item from fashion past or present - money is no object! - what would it be? YSL Muse Bag. [Check out the bronze version, left.]

Bonus Question: How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? THREE!

Finally, somebody knows the answer to the bonus question. Gosh. That took a while.

Thanks, Fashion Bomb, for those short, yet insightful responses to the questions. Sometimes more is less, no? And please, please DO come to DC and go shopping with me! You probably won't see too many YSL Muse Bags, but you'll definitely get a great dose of urban fashion with a twist.



No comments: