Tuesday, April 29, 2008

More WTF-ness



FloralwtfI really must be getting a bit of a rep for the 'WTF' fabrics. I've only ever expressed my love for the 'WTF' type fabrics here once and yet some clever people are quick to pick it up.



Kelles who owns Indie Cult Vintage (no, I've not been paid by her to talk her up.... I genuinely like her wares and her attitude if anyone is interested...) has probably checked out the blog a few times at most, yet was smart enough to pick up my 'WTF'-liking vibes and so yesterday, a vibrant bit of floral fell out of a USPS packet. I mean 'vibrant' in the very BIG sense of the word.... all pinks, purples and blues and boldly shaped flowers (again, a colour combo I only very recently explored... gosh... people are ever so observant...).



The loud-as-you-can print on a simply shaped open tunic surprisingly works over a multitude of outfits from my naturally instinctive 'chee sin mui'* ensembles (excuse the English-Canto but it is the perfect phrase that sums up the outfit....) to simpler combinations. Granted the print itself isn't actually all that crazy and it is in a decent heavy matt linen fabric, but somehow the colours jostling and clashing with each other give off a 'loud' effect that only 'chee sin mui's like me love...



Floralwtf1



*Chee sin mui means 'crazy girl' but the Cantonese sounds better to me as an expression of the above...



Floralwtf2



No comments: