Saturday, July 5, 2008

Blast from the past



The most I ever knew about Cacharel was that they made my favorite perfume, Anais-Anais, I was 12 and though I dutifully read Seventeen, Vogue, Harpers, and even the odd Cosmo swiped from my grandmother I had no idea that Cacharel was first a fashion house.
Like so many other almost forgotten labels (Lanvin, Chloe, Balenciaga, Biba, Members Only...), Cacharel is getting a second life of late and once I came across some handbags, well, you all know I'm a sucker for a resurrected label.

In a mustard color almost as forgotten until recently as the label, this shoulder bag is perfectly sweet, and simple. There are no over sized logos, or hallmarks, there is hardly any hardware at all, but that doesn't mean the bag is short on detail. Straps of leather tied casually to rings form the handles for the bag, leaving soft ends hanging for a scarf like effect. There are 2 straps on the sides, and some added stitching for some additional interest, but overall, it's a clean bag, that will work for many casual outfits all season.
And don't underestimate the color's versatility. Mustard is huge this fall, and works so beautifully with neutrals and browns that this may be an all season bag!
The Cacharel mustard handbag is $488 from TOFF Miami.

No comments: