Friday, July 11, 2008

Give the bag a hand



I can't tell you how many e-mails I receive touting "the best accessory for handbag lovers", and naturally, I always look, and more often than not, it's someone else hawking the same old handbag hook we've all seen on late night TV (in gold or silver, shiny or matte finish...buy one for every handbag!...).
Yes, it's a useful idea in theory, but not one I'd use, so I just close the mail and move on.
But...I finally opened one of those e-mails, and found something on the same wavelength, but with a tongue in cheek aspect that appealed to me.
The aptly named, Purse Hand.

Yes, it's the same idea as all those other purse hooks, but, the Purse Hand does have an aspect most others do not. It can be customized by choosing one of 4 hand/hook colors and pairing it with one of the 40 available tile colors. I'm no mathematician, but that's a lot of combinations!
The chubby hand (which reminds me of a Middle Eastern hamsa) probably appeals to my superstitious side, as well as my punny inner self.
It's just cute, and it made me smile, so here, I share it with you.
As I said, it's not my thing, but for $24.95, I might give it a shot. It's the perfect price for a gift to give those ladies I know who are tough to buy for, but would definitely make use of a Purse Hand themselves.
Order one of owner Lydia's favorites, or design your own at The Purse Hand.

No comments: